All advice is by appointment only: 0208 561 9400 OR contact us by email for an appointment (we cannot give legal advice by telephone or email).

We may be able to provide an interpreter or British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter but appointments must be booked in advance as this may be difficult to arrange at short notice.


We have a Legal Aid Agency contract to provide advice and assistance to eligible tenants in the private and public sector on most legal issues including possession actions, evictions, rent arrears, legal status, security of tenure and disrepair. We also advise individuals on homelessness issues and their rights. We provide full legal representation, where appropriate. We employ three solicitors who are housing specialists.

Fee Paying Service: If you are not eligible for Legal Aid, we now offer a very competitive fee paying service based on your income.  We are a not-for-profit organisation so our rates are very competitive.   Please contact us for a free initial interview and assessment.

Housing Possession Court Desk Scheme

If you have to attend court in relation to the possession of your home you can access free legal advice from one of our housing solicitors on the day of your hearing at Uxbridge, High Wycombe or Aylesbury County Court through the Legal Services Commission Housing Possession Court Desk Scheme. Many people using this service avoid immediate repossession.


We have a Legal Aid Agency contract to provide family law advice, casework and representation. Under the new family legal aid rules, legal aid will only be available if you have evidence to show that you are a victim of domestic violence (this applies to women and men) or if there are issues of child abuse and your child or children are at risk. There are some other instances where you would be eligible for Legal Aid. We would have to see you for an initial appointment to assess your case.

The Ministry of Justice is drafting guidance and template letters to help clients get the evidence they need. You can find more information here:


There are two main types of injunctions available under Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996:
  • A non-molestation order
  • An occupation order

Our family solicitor can help you in making an application to the court for an injunction.

Fee Paying Service: If you are not eligibile for Legal Aid, we now offer a very competitive fee paying service based on your income.  We are a not-for-profit organisation so our rates are very competitive.   Please contact us for a free initial interview and assessment.

Welfare Benefits

Due to lack of funding and the abolition of Legal Aid by the Government for welfare benefits, we are limited to the amount of free advice and assistance to people we can offer.  Please see below for further information.

Fee Paying Service

We can still represent people at the First Tier Tribunal who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Department for Work and Pensions, Job Centre Plus and HMRC, for example, decisions relating to claims for Income Support, overpayments, Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Personal Independence Payments (PIP), Attendance Allowance (AA), Housing and Council Tax Benefits, Bedroom Tax, Tax Credits and Universal Credit, but there will now be a charge for this service.  Our fees are very competitive for the service we offer.

We provide representation in appeals before the Unified Appeal Tribunals and the Social Security Commissioners. We also advise and provide representation on Judicial Reviews in the High Court.

Legal Aid

In November 2013 the Law Centres Network was awarded the contract from the Legal Aid Agency to provide Legal Aid for representation at the Upper Tribunal. If you have an appeal you wish to take to the Upper Tribunal, please contact us for further information.  If you are eligible for legal aid we can represent you.


At present we provide OISC Level 3 Immigration Advice and Caswork services. We are funded by Hillingdon Community Trust to provide immigration and integration services to migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in the Trust areas of:

  • Botwell
  • Pinkwell
  • Townfield
  • Yiewsley
  • West Drayton
  • Heathrow Villages

NEW:  Drop in cafe and advice service at the Salvation Army Hall, Coldharbour Lane, Hayes every Friday morning from 9.30am – 12 noon

Immigration advice for residents of the London Borough of Hounslow (this contract has ended please read below)

The contract to provide residents of Hounslow with free advice has now ended.  We are not aware of any service that will replace this.   Please contact your local MPs for help with your immigration matter.:

Brentford and Iselworth:  Ruth Cadbury MP telephone:  0207219 8590


Feltham and Heston:  Seema Malhotra MP telephone:  0207 219 8957


Immigration advice for destitute people

We have limited funding available from AB Charitable Trust to help destitute people in West London please contact us to see if you are eligible.

Employment (Funded by Trust for London)

If you are eligible, we provide a service of advice, information casework and representation with regard to various employment problems including unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, breach of contract, discrimination, issues with pay, redundancy and other issues.  We can help you contact ACAS and apply for fee remission at the Employment Tribunal.   We are funded by Trust for London to help disadvantaged people with employment problems who live in West London.

We can help you with Settlement Agreements (formerly known as Compromise Agreements).

If you have suffered discrimination at work you can also contact the Community Legal Service Telephone Gateway.  0845 34 54 345

Any information you give us will be treated confidentially. We will not pass on any information regarding your case without your permission.

Complaints: We aim to provide the best service possible with the resources we have. If you are unhappy with our service or the advice you have been given, please put your complaint in writing to Saima Yasin OR Sumbel Gilani, Supervising Solicitors, Hillingdon Law Centre, 12 Harold Avenue,Hayes,UB3 4QW.


If you have a legal issue concerning Debt, Special Educational Needs, or Discrimination at Work you must contact the Community Legal Service Telephone Gateway for an assessment.

Telephone: 0845 345 4 345
Minicom: 0845 609 6677
Monday to Friday: 9am to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 12:30pm

Calls cost 4p a minute from a BT landline. Mobile calls usually cost more.